Big Al was converted in 2021. The Adventure Van is an extra-long wheelbase, high top, Citroen Relay, like its fellow Adventurers Dingley and Big Ben. It has been designed by our very own resident cycling enthusiast, and Instructor, Neil, and his partner Gill.
Adventure Van designed for outdoor enthusiasts
The Adventure Van was designed specifically for outdoor adventurers. It has a large rear storage compartment for your outdoor kit, a tow bar with electrics for a cycle rack, and a full-length roof rack for kayaks, canoes, and boards. We even have a trailer should you really need it. The van has 4 traveling seats, and a communal area to eat, chat, and chill. It sleeps 4 people on two double beds. There is a 60-liter water tank, and an onboard toilet and washing facilities. There is a galley kitchen with a two-ring hob, and a fridge. It has an efficient solar system, making it ideal for those looking for a proper off-grid adventure.
You may have tried cycling through your local woods, but how about trying the mountain bike trails in Afan Forest. Or you could try the paths in the Dark Peaks around Glossop, or the highlands of Scotland. Big Al the Adventure Van will transport you there and back in style. But if you haven’t completed a long-distance off-road trip before, it may seem daunting. What type of map do you need? What sort of clothing do you need to take? What’s the number of mountain rescue if something goes wrong? Therefore, we have put together a team of cycling instructors to help you enjoy your off-road cycling experience. If you want to find out more, please have a read of this page on cycle tours.
Gill and Neil named the van “Big Al” after Gill’s brother, so comes with free extra TLC.
The Adventure van offers:
- 240 hook up
- 4 x 3 pin plugs
- USB charging ports in main living area and cab
- LED lighting
- Sink & tap with running water & 60-liter water tank
- 2 ring gas hob with gas cylinder
- Crockery and cutlery
- Cooking pans and utensils
- Fridge and freezer compartment
- Integral curtains in all main windows and front cab
- Fixed rear double bed
- Rock and roll double bed
- Diesel heating to keep the van warm during the colder nights
- Leisure battery
- Solar panels – provide power to the van to run your fridge and lights for wild camping without the need to plug into mains.
- Storage for your belongings and clothes
- Full diesel tank
- Towbar with Bike rack
- Comprehensive user guides
- Emergency equipment – first aid kit, fire blanket, fire extinguisher
- Bedding, linen, and towels not included – please bring your own!
- Smoking not permitted
Drop us a line if you would like to find out about Dingley the Adventure van’s availability.