Who are ‘we’?
In this policy, whenever you see the words ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’, it refers to Carefree Campers Ltd, Company Number 11510820 which is registered in the United Kingdom at the address of 3 Appleby Gardens, Dunstable, England, LU6 3DB.
In this policy, whenever you see the words ‘you’ or ‘your’, it refers to you as a user of our website at www.carefreecampers.com and all subsidiary pages (‘Website’, ‘Our website’ or ‘Platform’).
Your acceptance of this policy, and Our right to change it
By using Our website, social media pages, entering a competition or providing your information you are agreeing to Our collection and use of the information you provide in the way(s) set out in this policy. If you do not agree to this policy please do not use Our websites, social media pages or services.
We review our policy regularly and we may make changes to it from time to time. Any changes we make to the policy will appear on this web page and will come into effect straight away. This policy was last updated on 31st March 2019.
What is personal data?
Personal data is information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as name, address, phone number, email address and online identifiers such as IP addresses.
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details);
- Account information such as login details, past interactions with Carefree Campers, personal preferences and marketing preferences, billing information, etc;
- Transaction Information includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from Us;
- Driving License and Insurance Information;
- Asset information such as the vehicle being provided and the facilities it can provide, availability and price for rental, etc;
- Location information such as where the vehicle is located and where it is planned to take it during its period of rental;
- Complaint information such as nature of complaint and actions taken;
- Photo / Video / Media where agreed to use as promotional material;
- Social Media Information, for example, where the social media account is used to register an account we may receive information from the provider regarding the individual;
- Marketing and Communications Information includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences;
- Supply Chain data such as supplier contact details, performance information, etc.
How we get the information and why we do we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Enquiry of quote for the provision of a Carefree Campers service – this information is provided to us for the purposes of processing your enquiry and may be retained for up to 12 months to ensure that quotations provided can be honoured. This information is provided on the legal grounds of Performance of a Contract.
- Provision of service that you are requesting from Us – this information is provided to us to enable us to arrange the requested service and may be retained for up to 7 years. This information is provided on the legal grounds of Performance of a Contract and to comply with a Legal Obligation.
- Interaction with Carefree Campers website or social media channel – this information is provided to us for the purposes of engaging with our customer base and to understand what services are performing well and which are not. The data will be retained for up to 7 years and is processed on the legal grounds of Legitimate Interests, such as to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services and to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy.
- Commercial engagement with Carefree Campers Ltd – this information is provided to enable commercial interactions with suppliers and partners and is processed on the legal grounds of Performance of a Contract. The information will be retained for 7 years beyond the last interaction with a corporation where financial transactions have been undertaken and 3 years where no financial transactions have been undertaken.
- Marketing – this information is used to keep you updated with the Our activities, including offers, promotions and relevant communications. This information is retained for 3 years since the last interaction and is processed on the legal grounds of This means that you can withdraw that consent at any point by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at 3 Appleby Gardens, Dunstable, England, LU6 3DB.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency – the organisation of the UK government responsible for maintaining a database of drivers in Great Britain and a database of vehicles for the entire United Kingdom, and its counterpart for drivers in Northern Ireland, the Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA). We do this to check the validity of driving licenses and to ensure that any driving enforcements that may be received can be processed.
- Relevant Insurance Providers. We do this to check that the appropriate insurance is in place and to ensure that any insurance claims that may be received can be processed.
- Referrals from 3rd party suppliers. Your details may be passed to us by our third parties in accordance with their own Privacy Policies.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Carefree Campers at The Station House, 15 Station Road, St. Ives, Cambridgeshire, PE27 5BH or by emailing us on email@example.com
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a legitimate interest.
What we do with the information
All information provided to us is processed within the United Kingdom, at our office locations and will only be shared with organisations outside of the UK where the service is being fulfilled outside of the UK (e.g. you are arranging a holiday in another Country).
We may share this information with:
- Individuals or Companies whose camping services that we are engaged in securing on your behalf;
- Individuals who are enquiring about, or contracting for, the provision of the services offered by your company.
- Insurance companies with whom we are either arranging cover with or to process a claim
- Suppliers to allow them to fulfil orders and enquiries as part of the service offered to you.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
The ICO’s contact details are as follows:
- Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Website: ico.org
- Helpline number: 0303 123 1113