View a list of vans available for purchase which we can manage for you!Read more
Pop Top Roof Installation
A campervan adventure is a fantastic way of getting away from it all. Taking a break from reality, listening to some music at a festival, chilling by the fire with friends. But without a pop-top roof there is limited sleeping capacity, and moving around inside can be a little cramped. By fitting a pop-top roof you add a bed and headroom to stand up and move around.
Fitting a Pop Top Roof
Fitting a Pop-Top Roof can be a challenge if it’s the first time you have attempted it. Knowing where to cut the existing roof so you don’t cut the wiring loom is just one consideration. There are also specialist tools and jigs that are needed to make sure the new roof is secured properly. That’s why credible manufacturers require fitters to complete a detailed training course before they will sell them a roof.
Skyline Accredited Installers
We are accredited Skyline fitters so we can talk you through the installation process and give you a warrantied finish. We have chosen to work with Skyline for 3 reasons:
- Quality of the Product. Skyline uses high-quality fiberglass resin with an advanced vacuum molding technique that is TUV approved. This means the roof will last longer and discolor less than cheaper thinner roofs.
- Canvas weight and colors. Skylines canvases are made from marine-grade material designed for high-end yachts! They, therefore, last a long time, and your kids won’t get wet in the pop-top if it rains. Skyline offers a range of 28 colors for their canvases, so we can match it with your campervan.
- Easy to use. Due to the design, the roofs are self-elevating and easy to pull down and secure.
In summary, they provide a great quality product that is made in the UK and comes with a 5-year warranty. We like them and have them installed on most of the campervans we build and sell.
Free Design Consultation
Because designing your Campervan is such as personal thing, we offer a FREE Design Consultation. With some paper, a pen, and a large cup of coffee we will work through all the options with you. The design meeting enable us to produce a detailed quotation for your bespoke design. Once finalised, we ask for a deposit for the build, and allocate you a build slot in the diary. All that’s left is for you to start planning your first adventure in your new campervan.
Jo – “Carefree Campers did a great job designing and building my campervan. As a keen walker I needed a layout that would take the family and all our kit on holiday.”
Things to consider for your build
We know that making some of these decisions can be daunting, especially if you haven’t owned a campervan before. So we have also drafted a list of frequently asked questions and things to consider when designing your campervan.
- Will your campervan be for weekend adventures, a long summer road trip, or an everyday vehicle?
- How many people will you need to transport and sleep in the campervan?
- How much kit do you want to take with you, i.e. bikes, canoes, surfboards and/or tents?
- Will you be camping on campsites or going off-grid?
- Do you need a solar panel to run the fridge or charge your phone?
- Do you need an onboard toilet or even a shower?
- Are you planning City breaks and need a campervan that is ULEZ compliant?
- How much are you budgeting to spend?
- Do you want to earn money from your campervan by hiring it out?
Campervan Build Process
Building a Campervan is a complex process that takes a van and turns it into a warm and comfortable campervan. Much like a tailored suit, there are things we can change to ensure it fits the way you want to use it. We can help you design and build a campervan that suits your lifestyle and your budget.
We work with industry-leading UK manufacturers, such as Skyline Roofs and the guys at Smart-Beds in Somerset. This means we can put in those little tweaks that will make all the difference such as blue cupboards with a matching roof canvas or a bed on rails so you can get bikes in the back!
Let your Campervan pay for itself
A new campervan can be an expensive asset that may not get used every day. That’s why our customers use their campervans to earn you some money to help pay for its upkeep with our Campervan Managed Service. Buy a campervan through us and use our rental service to cover the costs of ownership. We vet all hirers, manage the booking, clean your campervan, and pay you for the pleasure of letting us use it.
The peak season for hiring campervans is between June and September, and during that period your campervan could earn you £10,000 to help pay for its upkeep. If you would like to find out how your campervan could earn enough during the summer to pay for itself for the rest of the year contact us.
We even have a team of finance brokers to help you sort out the loan. Contact us if you would like to find out how much your campervan could earn for you.