Gandalf the campervan is a VW T6 that was converted to a campervan in 2019 and is finished to a really nice standard. The campervan has a gas hob, fridge, air conditioning, solar panel, a sink, diesel heater, kettle, 4 x bike rack, 240-volt power lead, water carrier, thermal screen shades. The campervan has 5 seats and comfortably sleep 4 people. It’s ideal for a long road trip around the coast or a weekend away to the New Forest.
The New Forest is a great place to visit in a campervan because its an area of natural beauty. It has therefore been a popular place to camp for many years. There are lots of campsites in the New Forest, and several pubs that will let you park a campervan overnight. However, our favorite campsite is Setthorn because it’s inside the wood so you get a full New Forest experience. It is ideal for those traveling from London as it is only about a 60 or 70 miles drive down the M3/M27.
We named the campervan Gandalf after Gandalf the Grey from Lord the Rings, one of our favorite books.
- Van sleeps up to 4 people 4
- Van has a built-in fridge
- Van has a hob
- Van does not have a built-in oven
- Van does not have a BBQ
- Van has a water tank
- Van does not have a shower
- Van has a 240V mains hookup
- Van has 12V power sockets
- Van does not have a toilet
- Van does not have a pull-out awning
- Van does not have a trailer
- Van has a bike rack to hold bicycles
- Dogs are not allowed
- Van can be driven in Europe
- Van cannot be taken to festivals