Carefree Campers COVID-19 Policy
The safety of our customers and staff is of paramount importance to us so we are taking additional precautions to help reduce the spread of the Coronavirus. We are closely monitoring the information shared by the UK Government and following their advice on how to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
To help protect our staff and customers we are encouraging regular hand washing, and the use of hand sanitizer, where available. We have also enhanced the already robust cleaning techniques of our vehicles after each rental in line with Government guidance. In particular, we are paying special attention to the places people touch such as steering wheels, door handles, keys, and hard surfaces.
All the vehicles we own are cleaned before the start of the rental period. We have implemented a minimum 24-hour gap between each rental to ensure each campervan is supplied to you in a clean condition. We, therefore, ask that you inspect the vehicle before the start of the rental and only accept responsibility for the vehicle if you are happy that the campervan has been thoroughly cleaned. By signing the Hire Agreement you are accepting responsibility for the campervan, confirming the vehicle has been cleaned to your satisfaction, and that Carefree Campers cannot be held responsible if you contract COVID-19 during your rental period.
In line with the UK Government guidance we have implemented the following cleaning practice on all the vehicles we own:
- We will clean hard surfaces with warm soapy water, and then disinfect these surfaces with a household disinfectant, paying particular attention to frequently touched areas and surfaces, such as door handles, vehicle keys and hard surfaces
- If an area has been heavily contaminated, such as with visible bodily fluids we will use protection for the eyes, mouth, and nose, as well as wearing gloves during the cleaning process
- Where items cannot be cleaned using detergents or laundered, for example, upholstered furniture and mattresses, steam cleaning will be used
- Laundry items will be washed in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions using the warmest water setting and dry items completely
- We encourage people to wash hands regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds, and after removing gloves and other protection used while cleaning
During the vehicle handover we will implement the following guidelines:
- Ask customers to follow social distancing guidelines wherever possible
- Schedule the time for campervan collection and drop off to avoid over-crowding
- Keep the vehicle handover time as short as possible
- We encourage people to wash or sanitise their hands before entering a vehicle
- We ask that customers leave the vehicle clean and remove any waste or belongings from the vehicle at the end of the hire period
- Any items left in the vehicle at the end of the hire period will be disposed of
- We will maintain a record of all visitors completing drop off and collections of campervans
During the rental period
During the rental period we ask customers to follow the following guidelines:
- While you are using the campervan please use good handwashing techniques
- While inside the campervan please cough or sneeze into a tissue which should be binned safely, or into your arm if a tissue is not available
- When the bed is deployed inside the campervan, please use the bed protector we supplied
- Please clean hard surfaces with warm soapy water, and then disinfect these surfaces with a household disinfectant, paying particular attention to frequently touched areas and surfaces, such as door handles, vehicle keys and hard surfaces
Frequently Asked Questions:
What happens if I need to cancel my booking before starting the rental?
Please call us as soon as you think you need to cancel or amend a booking and we will do everything we can to help. We have a cancelation policy in place that can be found here.
Do you complete any special preparation for your vehicles to minimise the spread of COVID-19?
All our vehicles are cleaned before and after the hire period and we have implemented additional cleaning measures including sanitising surfaces within the vehicle as detailed in our COVID-19 Policy document.
What will happen to my campervan rental if I suspect or have been infected with COVID-19 and need to quarantine while I am renting with you?
If you become infected or suspect you have been infected and need to quarantine, please inform us immediately. We will then agree with you on how best to recover the vehicle.